The Funfest Was Virtual This Year
This year, the ASN Omaha Funfest was virtual.
It took place online rather than at Ralston Arena, as it has for the last several years.
Every year for the last 12 years, the Omaha autism community (and friends from all over) have
gathered to celebrate differences, have fun, meet, and participate in a walk for the autism
The event is one of the largest annual autism community events in Nebraska, but this year, when the
pandemic started to cause cancellations of gatherings in March, the ASN board and volunteers
worked hard to adapt to a virtual format.
The event was viewable on Facebook Live, YouTube Live, and the ASN website.
The event featured the following:
- An art gallery featuring the work of people on the spectrum
- A collection of lego creations from our friends who love to build
- A storytime featuring art from kids in our community
- An online auction featuring many timely and amazing items
- A “virtual walk” where people stepped out into their neighborhoods, took selfies and posted them online
- Watch the videos again! (click here)
Funfest fundraising continues through May 31, 2020! To make a donation (click here)
THANK YOU SPONSORS!
Enable Savings Plan ° Omni Inventive Care ° Autism Center of Nebraska ° Andrew J. Roberts
American National Bank ° Autism Action Partnership ° Behaven Kids ° Childhood Autism Services ° HomeLight ° Stones Worth Stepping ° Radical Minds
American Machine Works ° Ausman Law Firm ° Bellevue Pediatric Dentistry ° Ollie Webb Center, Inc. ° UNMC Munroe-Meyer Institute ° Williamsburg Behavioral Health
Mary and Ricky Fulton ° MOSAIC ° Disability Rights Nebraska ° PTI Nebraska