COMING THURSDAY, MAY 31, 2018…
“GIVE TO LINCOLN” DAY
Lincoln – May 31, 2018
ASN’s Lincoln Support network serves adults on the spectrum through peer-to-peer support network group meetings and advocacy opportunities. Support the Autism Society of Nebraska Lincoln Area Support Network on Give to Lincoln Day presented by the Lincoln Community Foundation on May 31, 2018 at www.givetolincoln.com.
Omaha Gives! 2018 was amazing for ASN. Read about it here.
Donate to Support Our Work in Omaha
ASN’s Omaha Area Support Network serves adults, teens, and children on the spectrum, as well as parents and caregivers. In addition to innovative events like the annual iCan Bike Camp in August and the Omaha Walk and Funfest in April, ASN’s Omaha support network groups serve more than 2,400 individuals annually. Support the Autism Society of Nebraska Omaha Area Support Network on Omaha Gives! Day presented by American National Bank / Omaha Community Foundation on May 23, 2018 at www.omahagives.org.
This Year, The First $2,000 Will be Matched Dollar-for-Dollar!
Check Out our Omaha Gives! Cheer Pages
A new element of Omaha Gives this year is the addition of “Cheer Pages,” which allow individuals to create simple webpages where they can write about why they believe a particlar nonprofit organization is deserving of support.
Autism Society of Nebraska is proud to have assembled a fleet of Cheer Pages, made by our dedicated, hardworking volunteers and grateful clients, that really capture the essence of ASN Omaha Support Network’s contributions to people affected by autism in our city.
Check out ASN’s Omaha Gives landing page and click ‘VIEW ALL FUNDRAISERS FOR THIS NONPROFIT.’
You may give through the Cheer Pages or directly on ASN’s Omaha Gives landing page. Either way, your donation is appreciated, valued, and will make a huge impact on people in our community. All donations will benefit ASN’s Omaha programming.
Make a Gift Today! (…psssst…. you don’t have to wait until May 23!)
When you support Autism Society of Nebraska through Omaha Gives, you support Omaha-area programming, such as:
- Omaha Support Network Groups (such as the Toddlers Meetup, the Elementary School Age Kids/Parents Meetings, the Teen Zone group, the Adults on the Spectrum Group, and Moms Night Out), which provide peer-to-peer support for people affected by autism.
- Special Events that build community in a world that is becoming increasingly isolated. Families affected by autism need opportunities to gather in friendly places to share their experiences and connect with people who experience the same things. Examples include Sensory Santa in November/December, the Valentine’s Day Dance, Autism Pride Day, and the Fourth of July Party.
- Summer Rec Club, which provides guided athletic activities and movement opportunities for children, teens, and young adults on the autism spectrum during the summer months.
- iCan Bike Camp, which uses a special curriculum and fleet of equipment to teach children on the autism spectrum (and other children who are affected by intellectual and developmental disabilities) how to ride a bike, obtaining an important skill that they can carry with them for life, promoting avenues to physical and mental health, as well as independent transportation.
- Information and referral services for people in the Omaha area that are newly diagnosed or facing challenges that need to be addressed by dialogue with another person who has had similar experiences.
Please consider a gift to the ASN Omaha Support Network today and help to improve the lives of people right here in our community.