OMAHA FUNFEST 2020
Due to the developments of the COVID-19 concerns in our community, it has become clear that the Autism Society of Nebraska must cancel the Omaha Funfest, scheduled for April 18, 2020, at the Ralston Arena. We are sure you share in our disappointment.
Our autism community does not stop for the Coronavirus! While we may not be able to come together in-person to celebrate and support each other, we will still come together on April 18th, LIVE, and ONLINE at the VIRTUAL Omaha Funfest 2020! (FUN AND COMMUNITY WITHOUT THE GERMS!) Details coming soon!
All current registrations will be converted to Virtual registrations, and great news, we will be mailing your t-shirts on May 2nd! Each year, funds raised through the Omaha Funfest fuels over half of the work we do in the Omaha area alone and supports activities and initiatives across the state. We want to urge you to continue fundraising, and encouraging others to join the Virtual Omaha Funfest 2020. This event is vital to our success throughout the year.
We are very grateful for the kind words and support that we have received from so many of you. We all share a common goal to continue the mission of the Autism Society of Nebraska – to improve the lives of ALL affected by autism. We are in this together.
Stay up to date on developments at:
- Will this be fun? We think so! We are working on these details and will get back to you soon! Have ideas? Send them our way to email@example.com
- Will I still get my t-shirt? Yes, we will be shipping all shirts on May 2nd.
- Will there still be top fundraising prizes? Yes–more details coming soon.
- Will there be a schedule of online events? Yes, we are working on that and will share all the details over the coming weeks.
- Can I still form a team and fundraise? Yes, again this event is so vital to our success and ability to provide the activities and events we do all year. This coronavirus will come and go but we don’t want the results of this difficult time resulting in a reduction of our activities and support in 2021.
- What is a VIRTUAL FUNFEST? In short, it’s online fun without the germs! We will be sharing soon!
- Will there be a Funfest next year? Yes, we had so many new things planned for this year! Next year is going to be the biggest and best Funfest yet!
- What are you doing with the money you raise? Money raised funds what we do. It provides funds to host activities and events throughout the year, it keeps our website online and phones answered. We provide Information and Referral all year long and we help host the annual Nebraska ASD Conference. Without this event, we can not continue to do all we do across the state.
- Do you still need volunteers? Yes! We still need you. We can use help with tasks online and from home and we will need people to help us ship t-shirts and auction items.
- I was really looking forward to interacting with local providers and inclusive companies? How can I get in touch with them? Please watch our Funfest Facebook page for more information about our sponsors. Most of them are also providers and we will introduce you to them online!