ASN 2020 Omaha Funfest and Walk
Updated March 27, 2020
We have turned our annual FUNFEST (on April 18)into a VIRTUAL FUNFEST.
ASN is a nonprofit that receives no government funding or service fees.
We rely solely on the FUNFEST registrations and other donations to keep
our organization serving the needs of our community.
Since we can’t have our event live and in person,
we’re bringing the auction items and baskets to you virtually.
Tell you friends, then bid early and often. Good luck to you!
T-SHIRTS STILL AVAILABLE
All registered participants will receive the 2020 Funfest T-shirt.
Register now so you don’t miss out on this awesome shirt.
VIRTUAL ART EXHIBIT FEATURES PEOPLE ON THE SPECTRUM
Do you create art? Or like seeing the beauty others create?
We are accepting submissions for the Funfest Virtual Art Exhibit
coming on April 18. All people on the spectrum are invited
to create/submit their art. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
to become an exhibitor and watch for more details
about the exhibit coming soon.
ONLINE STORYBOARDS with
ART FROM THE AUTISM COMMUNITY
For the Autism Society of Nebraska’s Virtual Funfest,
Janine Brooks and Minadora Macheret will be creating storyboards
designed to be presented alongside some popular children’s literature
· Chicken in the Kitchen (Nnedi Okorafor)
whatever medium you desire. Put your name on it somewhere
(if you wish so that you receive credit for your efforts).
Take a picture of your artwork: send the .jpg to
Janine.email@example.com so that she can
add it to the storyboard.This activity is made available to all ages.
Storyboards will be presented on April 18, 2020,
during the Virtual Funfest.
Email Janine if you have additional questions.
in the event you are unfamiliar with the stories.
Updated March 15, 2020 – 4:00 PM CST
Due to the developments of the COVID-19 concerns in our community, it has become clear that the Autism Society of Nebraska must cancel the Omaha Funfest, scheduled for April 18, 2020, at the Ralston Arena. We are sure you share in our disappointment.
Our autism community does not stop for the Coronavirus! While we may not be able to come together in-person to celebrate and support each other, we will still come together on April 18th, LIVE, and ONLINE at the VIRTUAL Omaha Funfest 2020! (FUN AND COMMUNITY WITHOUT THE GERMS!) Details coming soon!
All current registrations will be converted to Virtual registrations, and (great news!) we will be mailing your t-shirts on May 2nd! Each year, funds raised through the Omaha Funfest fuels over half of the work we do in the Omaha area alone and supports activities and initiatives across the state. We want to urge you to continue fundraising, and encouraging others to join the Virtual Omaha Funfest 2020. This event is vital to our success throughout the year.
We are very grateful for the kind words and support that we have received from so many of you. We all share a common goal to continue the mission of the Autism Society of Nebraska – to improve the lives of ALL affected by autism. We are in this together.
Stay up to date on developments at:
1. Will this be fun? We think so! We are working on these details and will get back to you soon! Have ideas? Send them our way to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Will I still get my t-shirt? Yes, we will be shipping all shirts on May 2nd.
3. Will there still be top fundraising prizes? Yes–more details coming soon.
4. Will there be a schedule of online events? Yes, we are working on that and will share all the details over the coming weeks.
5. Can I still form a team and fundraise? Yes, again this event is so vital to our success and ability to provide the activities and events we do all year. This coronavirus will come and go but we don’t want the results of this difficult time resulting in a reduction of our activities and support in 2021.
6. What is a VIRTUAL FUNFEST? In short, it’s online fun without the germs! We will be sharing soon!
7. Will there be a Funfest next year? Yes, we had so many new things planned for this year! Next year is going to be the biggest and best Funfest yet!
8. What are you doing with the money you raise? Money raised funds what we do. It provides funds to host activities and events throughout the year, it keeps our website online and phones answered. We provide Information and Referral all year long and we help host the annual Nebraska ASD Conference. Without this event, we can not continue to do all we do across the state.
9. Do you still need volunteers? Yes! We still need you. We can use help with tasks online and from home and we will need people to help us ship t-shirts and auction items.
10. I was really looking forward to interacting with local providers and inclusive companies? How can I get in touch with them? Please watch our Funfest Facebook page for more information about our sponsors. Most of them are also providers and we will introduce you to them online!
COVID-19 statement Regarding the ASN 2020 Omaha Funfest Scheduled for April 18th
Updated March 13, 2020
Autism Society of Nebraska and Funfest Committee are continuing to monitor the impact of COVID-19 across the country. Specifically, we are following the ongoing determinations by local and national public health officials.
Our top priority remains the health and safety of everyone in the Autism and Funfest community. As the situation unfolds, we will continue to work with the Arena staff, local health agencies and make any necessary adjustments.
We will have a formal announcement on Monday afternoon, March 16 with the plans for Omaha Funfest 2020. This update will be posted at autismnebraska.org and at http://givesignup.com/funfest2020 and through our social media channels.