The Autism Society in Omaha is based on 100% volunteer efforts. Every event, workshop or activity was conceived, planned and executed by members from our Omaha Autism community. The majority of these volunteers are parents of individuals with autism. They have jobs, families and loved ones with special needs but still carve out some special time to help us improve the lives of all in the Omaha Autism community.
Our volunteers are amazing and without them we would not be the thriving organization we are today! We humbly thank each and every volunteer who has given 1 hour or 100 hours in an effort to improve the lives of all affected by autism.
And we would like to respectfully ask YOU to consider joining us as we grow even more this upcoming year!
The power of one, if fearless and focused, is formidable, but the power of many working together is better.
– Gloria Macapagal Arroyo
Leadership Council Chair
Participating on a committee provides you with the opportunity to serve your community and expand your leadership skills. Some committees meet seasonally or around their specific events (i.e. New Year’s Eve Celebration). Many different committees were created so that each family could sign up for one area of interest ensuring that no one would be required to give too much of their precious time. Committees generally meet face-to-face at Annual Meetings and communicate in between via electronic message groups. All members are expected to attend the Annual Meeting and actively participate.
Committees areas include:
- Pump It Up – Victoria Thomas
- Rec Club – Victoria Thomas & Ember Walker
- Mom’s Night Out – Michelle McPeck
- Preschool – Jennifer Flocks & Amber Vallier
- Elementary – Ruth Allen
- Teen/Young Adult – Shawn Neff & Janet Wright
- Adults – Janine Brooks
- DADs – Casey Neff & Doug Czepa
- Siblings – Sheila Sheppard
- New Year’s Eve – Rotating Volunteer Committee
- Independence Day – Rotating Volunteer Committee
- Fall Family Event – Elementary & Preschool Teams
- Fire Safety Day – In conjunction with local community partners
- Summer Pool Parties – Ember Walker
- Sensory Friendly Movies – Ember Walker
If you are interested in helping out email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a volunteer looking for a way to pitch in at community events we welcome you to vist our VOLUNTEER page.